The catamaran what we have during our French Polynesia Photo Tour
have the following features:
- double-bed cabins with private washroom facilities
- linens and beach towels
- equipped galleys with refrigerator/ice boxes & double sink
- large open saloon with dining table, couch and CD sound system
- spacious cockpit with external dining table
- furling sails and mainsails with lazy–jack or roller system
- bimini (shade awning) and sprayhood on the monohull
- GPS plotter
- snorkel gear, zodiac with outboard
- emergency life rafts, life jackets, harnesses, first–aid kits and the standard safety equipment for sailboats
Images from the
French Polynesia Photo tour
Itinerary of French Polynesia Photo Tour
Photo Tour on a catamaran through French Polynesia
Day 1 – Raiatea | Tahaa
Embark: 12:00hrs. Fly into Raiatea airport and take a 10-minute taxi ride to the marina at Uturoa. At noon, board the yacht and meet your fellow guests, captain, and crew. After lunch navigates to the Tahaa lagoon and Motu TauTau. Enjoy water-based activities, snorkeling in a coral garden, and kayak rides. Dinner onboard.
Day 2 – Tahaa | Bora Bora
Navigate to Bora Bora (4 hours) followed by lunch at anchor at the Motu Tapu. In the afternoon enjoy swimming with reef sharks and the discovery of one of the most beautiful lagoons in the South Pacific. Night at anchor in the East of Bora Bora.
Day 3 – Bora Bora | Bora Bora
Enjoy an early morning swim with the manta rays followed by breakfast and short navigation to Motu Taurere for beachcombing and kayaks rides. In the afternoon sail to the lagoon of Bora Bora. Evening on anchor at Matira point.
Excursion: Tahitian Barbecue lunch on a private motu.
Day 4 – Bora Bora | Raiatea
After breakfast, navigate 4 hours to Raiatea followed by lunch on anchor and a leisurely afternoon of nautical activities. Evening and night at anchor.
Excursion: Visit a black pearl farm.
Day 5 – Raiatea|Tahaa
Today on our French Polynesia Photo Tour we Stop at Raiatea for shopping in Uturoa, the main village of Raiatea with the local market. Walk on the Tapioi Mountain for a great overview. Return to the boat for a short navigation to motu Cerant. Robinson day at anchor for kayak rides, beachcombing and sunbathing.
Excursion: Guided tour of Raiatea, Taputapuatea temple, botanic, green valley, and waterfalls.
Day 6 – Tahaa|Huahine
Early departure for Huahine and navigation of 4 hours. Arrival in Bourayne Bay around noon. Afternoon, leisure activities at the beach of Ana Iti with kayaks, snorkeling parties, and watersports.
Excursion: Dinner and evening in a restaurant with a local Polynesian show.
Day 7 – Huahine
After breakfast enjoys a short navigation to Fare Village. After lunch enjoys a sail of 4 hours to Raiatea island. Sunset arrival on the sacred island.
Excursion: Morning guided tour of Huahine archeological sites, fish traps, vanilla plantations, sacred eels.
Day 8 – Raiatea
Next Amazing Day on our French Polynesia Photo Tour. Navigate to the East of Raiatea and enjoy a remote motu for swimming and a visit to Faaroa River by dinghy. At sunset, depart to Moorea for night navigation of 12 hours.
Day 9 – Moorea
Arrive in Moorea early morning and moor at Papetoai Village – a typical Polynesian village. Enjoy beachcombing, sea kayaks, and snorkeling to the Tiki spot. Navigation to Opunohu Bay, late afternoon short walk in Opunohu Valley.
Day 10 – Moorea | Tahiti
Sail the short navigation to Cook’s Bay. Stop at the public beach of Opunohu for kayak rides, snorkeling, and swimming. Navigation to Vaiare Bay for lunch. Late in the afternoon take the 2.30 hours of navigation to Tahiti, for overnight at the Marina Taina, West coast of Tahiti.
Excursion: Half-day safari excursion in Moorea with a guide so see belvedere, the pineapple road, and a visit of an archaeological Polynesian site.
Day 11 – Tahiti – Departure
Disembark: 08:00hrs at Marina Taina, Tahiti.
Our representative and driver will drive you either airport. End of the French Polynesia Photo Tour.
From the fully equipped galley, your hostess/chef will prepare meals that will have a regional flavor from a diverse and mouthwatering menu. Individual dietary requirements can be catered for on request. Breakfast generally includes:
- fresh filter coffee
- fruit juices
- milk and teas (freshly brewed black tea or herbal tea assortments)
- an assortment of cheeses
- eggs prepared to your liking
- fresh bread
- honey, jams, butter, toast
- local specialties
Lunch and dinner are a fantastic mixture of hot and cold foods and includes:
- a large variety of salads
- sauces and dips
- grilled meats and fish
- pasta, rice, and potatoes
Every chef will also add a few of their own personal flavors to the trip!
French Polynesia: Mo’orea island: Huahine island:
Tahiti island, Vaiare Bay, Fare Village,
Papeete, Cook’s Bay, Bourayne Bay,
Ōpūnohu Bay, Ana Iti,
Bora Bora island: Raiatea Island:
Motu Taurere, Fa’aroa Bay,
Matira point, Uturoa village,
Motu Tapu, Tahaa lagoon,
All year around
11 days/10 nights
Landscape, wildlife, villages, mountains, culture, people, underwater,
- Transfer from/to airport upon arrival and departure
- Accommodation in air-conditioned double cabin with private bathroom
- Full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Service of the crew: 2 persons (captain, steward/cook)
- 2 sets of linens, towels and beach towels per person/week
- Insurance for the yacht and the passengers
- Water sports on board: snorkeling equipment and sea kayak
- Professional Photographic Guides Dean Tatooles and Tim Vollmer
- Lunch at anchor at the Motu Tapu
- Visit of a black pearl farm
- local market at the village of Raiatea
- Walk on the Tapioi Mountain for a great overview.
- guided tour of Raiatea, Taputapuatea temple, botanic, green valley and waterfalls
- Dinner and evening in a restaurant with a local Polynesian show
- Morning guided tour of Huahine archeological sites, fish traps, vanilla plantations, sacred eels
- Mooring at Papetoai Village, typical Polynesian village
- Halfday Safari excursion in Moorea with a guide: belvedere – the pineapple road – visit of archeological Polynesian sites
- International Airfare
- Travel insurance, health insurance.
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, drinks, camera or video fees at any site, etc.
- Tips for your guide and driver (discretionary)
- Model fees
- What is not mentioned as included
You will organise your own travel to Papete and from Raiata.
Join me on the French Polynesia Photo tour
On board the Catamaran
Photography Instructor for this French Polynesia Photo tour
Tim has devoted his life to photography. Photography has been his long-held hobby and great passion. Tim has always felt drawn to the power and beauty he finds in nature. Tim has been leading photo tours and workshops in Iceland and many different countries over the years. He has had the world as his workplace. He is Photographing everything from the dramatic landscape in Iceland, to the native people in the remote corners of the world and the culture that is unique to each country.
His journeys have taken him around the world in pursuit of memorable travel experiences and the creation of compelling images. His work has been featured in international publications. His images and stories are shared on various internet outlets. As a driven artist, professional, entrepreneur, and adventurer, Tim is eager to share his passion, knowledge in photography, and travel through the tours he designed on his own, or through his partnership with professional photographers from around the globe. Tim and his family lived 11 years in Iceland. Now they are based in the Czech Republic.